- Observation of a specimen under white light.
This is the most common observation method using a microscope.
- Color information can be obtained.
- Most suitable for observing a color filter, ink, metallic corrosion, etc., and determining the point to be observed.
- Images can be pasted to a 3D image. A color 3D image can be displayed.
- By illuminating a specimen obliquely, it is possible to observe
only the light being scattered from the edges where there are
minute bumps or level differences.
- Most suitable for detecting minute scratches or extraneous
- Darkfield observation is employed
in the optical system of the most advanced automatic defect
is used in semiconductor manufacturing.
- Effective for detecting flaws and crystal defects on
a bare wafer.
Observation of differential interference contrast
- This is a microscopic examination method that enables you to view a specimen by enhancing a bump or level
difference of several A.
- Most suitable for observing minute scratches or bumps on the surface of a specimen.
- Effective for detecting scratches on steel plates in the painting process of automobile manufacturing.