The history of Ryokosha begins in 1947. The late founder, Takeo Okura, who had worked at Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, established a spin-out sales office for heavy industrial equipment in 1947. At first, Ryokosha sold products like generators and automobiles manufactured by heavy industrial equipment at an open-air lot. Then, in the 1950’s the founder’s brother, who worked at Nippon Kogaku (now known as Nikon), informed him that Nikon was looking for dealers for on of its new projectors, and the Company quickly became a retailer for the product. This led to the Company becoming a partner with leaders in the optical and precision measurement equipment fields.
|1950||The Company is reorganized as a corporation and changes its business to that of a trading company specializing in optical equipment.
The Nagoya Sales Office is opened.
|1951||Presents the Showa Emperor with the versatile Nikon projector|
|1957||Provides fuel rod inspection machine and coolant radiation measuring instrument to the Japan Atomic Energy Research Institute for use at its Number 1 Reactor|
|1959||The Technology Division is established, and design and development of precision instruments begins|
|1960||The Mito Sales Office is opened|
|1964||First edition of monthly technology journal, Ryoko Technical Journal|
|1965||The Osaka Sales Office is opened|
|1968||The Ryoko Exhibition for optical measuring equipment, now known as the “Ko Techno Fair,” is held for the first time (in Japan)|
|1969||The Wholesale Division is spun off to establish Ryoko Shoji Co., Ltd.|
|1974||The Trading Division is established and import/export of precision instruments commences.
The Suwa Sales Office is opened.
|1978||The Omiya Sales Office is opened|
|1981||The delivery center in Kamiikedai, Ota City is completed|
|1982||The Sendai Sales Office is opened|
|1991||The Shiga Sales Office is opened|
|1993||The Distribution Division is spun off to establish Ryoko Logitem Co., Ltd.|
|1996||Ryokosha Thailand Co., Ltd. is established in Thailand|
|1998||Headquarters are moved to Kayaba, Nihonbashi, the birthplace of Ryokosha Corporation|
|1999||The Sanin branch office is established|
|2000||The Osaka Sales Office is moved to expand its business|
|2001||Headquarters, the Tokyo and Kanagawa sales offices and the Sales and Technology Division are moved to Kayaba, Nihonbashi and consolidated.
Ryokosha Kyushu Co., Ltd. is established.
|2002||The Tokyo and Kanagawa sales offices are integrated and the Tokyo Sales Division established.
The Tokyo Sales Office becomes Sales Department 1 and the Kanagawa Sales Office becomes Sales Department 2.
|2003||The Ryokosha Kyushu Kagoshima Sales Office is established|
|2005||The Tokyo Sales Department 1 and Sales Department 2 are integrated to form the Tokyo Sales Division.
The Technology Support Section and Equipment Development Section are integrated to establish the Sales and Technology Headquarters.
|2006||The Head Office is moved to Kachidoki, Chuo-ku|
|2008||Taiwan Ryokosha Co., Ltd. is established in Taiwan|
|2010||The Tokyo Sales Division and Omiya and Nishi-Tokyo Sales Office are integrated and the Head office sales department established|
|2011||Ryokosha(Vietnam)Co.,Ltd. is established in Vietnam
The Fukuoka Satellite office is established
|2012||The Kanazawa Satellite office is established
The Head Office is moved to Toyosu, Koto-ku
|2014||The Kumamoto Satellite office is established|
|2017||Shenzhen Ryokosha Trading Co.,Ltd. is established in China|